Saturday, February 27, 2010

Baby Showers

Dear Expecting Friend,
  Please do not get angry or upset. I will not be attending your baby shower.  I cannot bear to see the tiny baby things you are opening. Things my baby never got to wear. Things I have had to pack away. Please don't tell me everyone wants to see me. I cannot face all the happy people when I am so sad. I cannot put a smile on my face when inside I am crying. Please do not judge me. You do not know what you would do if you lost your child. You do not know how hard it is. Please do not use our friendship to make me feel guilty. I need supportive friends to help me with this and help me grieve. Please do not tell me I have changed. I know I have changed. I long to be the happy person I once was, I will never be that person again and it will take time for me to learn how to find happiness again. Please patient and kind with me.
    
   I have lost my baby. My hopes and my future died with them. I am lost and I am trying to find myself again. I wish you all the best for your baby, I wish you get to live all the hopes and dreams that have been taken from me. But I will not be attending.

No comments:

Post a Comment